CHC20108 Certificate II in Community Services
Distance study: Enrolments now open.
Face to face learning: Not currently offered. To arrange a training delivery for your organisation, please contact GTP for a quote.Costs for enrolment include all learner resources.
About the program and qualificationThis qualification may be used as a pathway into community services work and may apply specifically to:
- workers who support individuals by providing a first point of contact in a crisis situation and referral to a broad range of services, or
- workers in residential facilities and/or community services under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
- may provide assistance and support to clients in accessing a service or experiencing issues such as alcohol and/or other drugs issues
- assist people in meeting their immediate needs e.g. by providing shelter and food
- provide short-term contact with clients in a crisis situation during which time they establish a helping relationship to define the crisis and provide referral information where appropriate
- may provide ancillary services such as catering, cleaning, laundry, gardening and home maintenance
- report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
Learning and assessment
This option may best suit the inexperienced community services worker. For example, this person may have little skills and knowledge in the area of community services but is seeking an entry-level pathway.
This option may best suit someone who has some of the skills and knowledge required to be a community services worker, but perhaps has had a gap in their practice. Therefore currency of skills may need to be demonstrated through assessment.
[Previously known as RPL or RCC]
Recognition Assessment is always offered as the first option for those wishing to undertake this qualification. We need to determine what you already know and can do, before we discuss the best option for you to gain this qualification.
When you enrol with GTP, our friendly training staff will discuss the above options with you.
Training deliveryDistance study: Students can enrol in this qualification and commence from June 2011. As a GTP student, you are provided with individualised support throughout your learning journey with us via email, phone and Skype. We also schedule Study Support Sessions in selected areas. Our Student Liaison Team will advise when and where these forums and workshops are taking place.
Units of competency within CHC20108 Certificate II in Community Services11 units of competency must be completed, consisting of 5 core units and 6 elective units.
Core units include:
- CHCCS211A Prepare for work in the community sector
- CHCCOM201C Communicate with people accessing the services of the organisation
- CHCORG201A Follow policies, procedures and programs of the organisation
- CHCORG202C Work with others
- HLTOHS200A Participate in OHS processes
- CHCCS411A Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCADMIN201C Undertake basic administrative duties
- CHCCS308B Provide first point of contact
- CHCCS200D Deliver services to clients
- CHCCS401B Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCDIS301A Work effectively with people with a disability
- CHCYTH301D Work effectively with young people
- CHCMH301A Work effectively in mental health
- CHCCD307C Support community resources
- CHCAD401D Advocate for clients
If you are interested in this qualification, please contact GTP via email or phone 07 3262 5488 to register your interest for course commencement in June. Further details are available by downloading the qualification fact sheet here.